Arma Partners is pleased to announce that it has acted as exclusive financial advisor to Register Group on its combination with team.blue. Register is an international leader in digital services for professionals and SMBs. Headquartered in Florence, with around 900,000 business and consumer customers across Europe, Register is a leading player in the European Domain, Hosting and Brand Protection sectors.
The combination of Register and team.blue is a landmark transaction in the European digital services market. By combining with team.blue, Register will become part of a leading digital enabler for companies and entrepreneurs across Europe with €275 million in annual revenue, 2 million SME customers and over 1,000 employees. team.blue will benefit from Register’s leading market positions in multiple European countries and Register will benefit from the additional scale and access to new products and services that come from being part of team.blue.
This transaction demonstrates Arma Partners’ market-leading credentials in hosting, cloud managed services and internet infrastructure and further reinforces Arma Partners’ outstanding track record of building long-term client relationships as a trusted advisor who can help crystallise shareholder value on complex transactions.
- Headquartered in Florence (Italy), Register is an international leader in digital services for professionals and SMBs
- Register has around 900,000 business and consumer customers across Europe, and more than 2 million domain names
- The company employs c. 420 staff across Europe
- team.blue is a leading digital enabler for companies and entrepreneurs
- The group was formed in 2019, following a merger between the Combell Group, a European leader in mass hosting services for SMEs, and the TransIP Group, a leading hosting and Virtual Private Server (‘VPS’) provider based in the Netherlands
- team.blue serves over 2 million customers in Europe and has more than 1,000 experts to support them
- Following the transaction, team.blue will strengthen its leading position as an independent tech powerhouse across Europe, generating c. €275 million of revenue
- Together with Register, it will combine scale and experience to bring an even higher level of innovation to better serve over two million SME customers in over ten countries, with a support base of over 1,000 employees across Europe, providing solutions across domains, hosting, email, VPS and applications
- Arma was mandated by Register Group to assist the company in its engagement with team.blue
- Arma performed a valuation of Register taking into consideration different methods and scenarios
- Arma also elaborated around the potential impact of the Italian macro-economic conditions on Register valuation
- The transaction strengthened Arma’s expertise in the hosting, cloud managed services and internet infrastructure sector and further reinforces Arma’s outstanding track record of building long-term client relationships as a trusted advisor who can help crystallise shareholder value on complex transactions