Arma Partners is pleased to announce that it has acted as exclusive financial advisor to Tiqets on its $60 million Series C growth investment round led by Airbnb, the world’s leading community marketplace for accommodation and travel experiences.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, Tiqets is one of the world’s largest platforms for booking tickets to museums and attractions. With a mission to make culture more accessible, Tiqets has connected millions of people to thousands of cultural venues in 60+ countries around the world.
Tiqets’ prior lead investors, notably HPE Growth and Investion, also participated in the round alongside Airbnb.
The transaction underscores Arma Partners’ deep expertise in the Online Travel sector, following transactions with Holidu, Evaneos, Etraveli, CarTrawler and Momondo; strengthens our track record working with the Digital Economy’s most innovative technology leaders and disruptors; and underlines our increasing focus on providing private capital funding advice to clients.
- With a mission to make culture more accessible, Tiqets is one of the world’s largest platforms enabling travellers to discover and buy tickets to museums and attractions around the world
- Headquartered in Amsterdam, the company allows instant-book ticketing on mobile devices to facilitate hassle-free entrance to the world’s biggest cultural venues
- Since its founding in 2014, Tiqets has connected millions of people to thousands of cultural venues in 60+ countries around the world, selling c.11 million tickets to date
- Founded in 2008, San Francisco-based Airbnb is a global community marketplace allowing people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world
- Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences in more than 33,000 cities and 190 countries
- With world-class customer service and a growing global community of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetise their home and showcase it to an audience of millions
- Tiqets sought a partner that could help fund initiatives to accelerate the business’ growth, build richer cultural experiences for customers and create better tools for its venue partners
- With an average of more than 2 million people globally staying in Airbnb properties every night, Airbnb can bring enormous consumer demand to the Tiqets platform
- Airbnb first entered the tours & activities segment with the launch of “Airbnb Experiences” in late 2016. Airbnb was attracted by the strength of Tiqets’ relationships with some of the world largest and most-visited cultural venues, which would serve to enhance the quality of Airbnb’s experiences offering for travellers
- Arma Partners served as exclusive financial advisor to Tiqets in securing a $60 million growth financing round led by Airbnb. Tiqets’ existing backers, notably HPE Growth and Investion, also participated in the funding round
- Arma supported the Tiqets management team in thinking through the company’s strategic positioning, building a detailed, KPI-driven financial model, preparing management presentations and coordinating due diligence with Airbnb
- The transaction underscores Arma’s deep expertise in online travel and digital marketplaces, and strengthens its track record working with the world’s most innovative digital leaders and disruptors