Arma Partners is pleased to announce that it has acted as exclusive financial advisor to CSL on its sale to ECI Partners.
CSL is a market leading provider of M2M and IoT connectivity solutions in the Fire, Security and Telehealth sectors. The business services over 1 million M2M/IoT devices and monitors 4 billion events each month across the UK, the Nordics, Benelux, Spain and Ireland.
CSL has grown both organically and through acquisitions since it was backed by Norland Capital, ICONIQ Capital and RIT Capital Partners in 2016. ECI is partnering with CSL’s management to support the business’s growth ambitions, expand its international markets and enhance its product solutions.
This transaction further enhances Arma Partners’ reputation for delivering exceptional results for leading IoT and M2M companies and continues our strong track record of achieving successful outcomes for our clients during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- CSL is a market leading provider of M2M and IoT connectivity solutions in the Fire, Security and Telehealth sectors
- The company services over 1 million M2M/IoT devices and monitors 4 billion events each month across the UK, Sweden, the Netherlands, Holland, Spain and Ireland
- CSL has grown both organically and through acquisitions since it was backed by ICONIQ Capital, Norland Capital and RIT Capital Partners in 2016
- Headquartered in Uxbridge, UK, CSL was founded in 1996
- ECI Partners is a leading UK based private equity firm specialising in investments in growth-focused, mid-market companies
- Since its launch over 40 years ago, ECI has invested in over 250 companies
- ECI raised over £2.4bn in equity funds from international investors; it is currently investing through its eleventh buyout fund, and manages approximately £1.7bn on behalf of investors
- The firm invests in companies in the TMT, business & financial services, and consumer sectors
- Having previously made investments in IoT and connectivity space, ECI will draw on its sector expertise to support CSL over the next stage of its growth journey, both organically and through M&A
- CSL’s growth strategy will focus on further solidifying its market leading position by expanding into new international markets, and continued enhancement of its products
- Arma supported CSL’s management on a variety of activities including the preparation of a detailed, KPI-driven financial model, valuation analysis, coordination of due diligence and management of the process
- Arma executed against a tight timetable with ECI, who put forward a compelling pre-emptive offer
- This transaction further enhances Arma’s reputation for delivering exceptional results for leading IoT and M2M companies