M&A Experienced Associate London
We are looking for ambitious and talented individuals to join the leading financial advisor to the Digital Economy. We act as trusted advisors to Digital Economy leaders throughout their entire corporate lifecycle, from raising private capital for fast-growing disrupters and founder-led businesses to orchestrating complex cross-border M&A deals for private equity investors and global large-cap public companies.
At Arma, we combine the collegial culture and hands-on exposure of a boutique advisory firm with the global reach and deal execution excellence of a bulge-bracket bank. Every day we actively advise undisputed leaders of the Digital Economy on landmark deals that will transform the world we all live in.
Associates work on a variety of transactions and are exposed to all stages of the M&A process.
About the role:
Responsibilities include supporting new business development and active investment banking engagements, including:
- Preparing, analysing and explaining historical and projected financial information
- Coordinating and performing business due diligence
- Preparing confidential information memoranda, management presentations, marketing pitches, and other presentations
- Valuing companies and businesses
- Assisting in the marketing and planning of engagements
- Building relationships and maintaining direct contact with clients and prospective clients and professional advisors
- Supervising junior staff members in the completion of presentations, research and financial analysis
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of the Digital Economy (TMT) sector
- Demonstrates global knowledge of the Digital Economy (TMT) sector
- Highly skilled in valuation methodologies for TMT companies
- Aptitude for financial analysis and interpretation.
- Strong knowledge of accounting, applied financial theory and valuation methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as indecently
- Creative / Innovative
- Fluency / proficiency in other European language(s) is advantageous
- You will possess 4-6 years investment banking advisory experience (M&A or equity) in Technology ideally
- Ability to work independently, take ownership and improve processes.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing situations, with excellent prioritisation skills
- A strong drive to progress as an M&A banker with a genuine interest in the Digital Economy.
- Pro-active and able to anticipate requirements wherever possible
- Reactive and able to make good decisions
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Rigorous eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Insightful, reasoned and a self-starter
- Desire to excel, taking ownership when required