Arma Partners is pleased to announce that it has acted as exclusive financial advisor to Trivest on its pending sale to ECI Software Solutions, a portfolio company of Apax Partners. Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, ECI Software Solutions is a leader in cloud-based business management solutions.
Trivest provides industry-specific software solutions for small to mid-sized companies in the manufacturing sector, including ERP (enterprise resource planning) software, APM (application performance management) software, MES (manufacturing execution system) software, CAD/CAM design software, business intelligence solutions and mobile applications. Together, the Trivest suite of software and SaaS solutions optimises and automates processes across the entire value chain for customers in 27 countries.
With this acquisition, Trivest’s nearly 3,000 customers and more than 300 employees will join ECI’s manufacturing division. This combination will significantly expand ECI’s presence in the Benelux region and across Europe.
The transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2019, subject to customary closing conditions including regulatory approval by the Netherlands Authority for Consumers & Markets (Autoriteit Consument & Markt).
This transaction demonstrates Arma Partners’ continued activity and deep sector expertise in the industrial technology sector and reinforces our long-standing track record of orchestrating transatlantic exits to North American strategic buyers.
- Trivest is a leading provider of ERP and related software and SaaS solutions to SMBs in the discrete manufacturing sector
- The company provides industry-specific software solutions for small to mid-sized companies in the manufacturing sector, including ERP (enterprise resource planning) software, APM (advanced production management system) software, MES (manufacturing execution system) software, CAD/CAM (computer aided design / computer aided manufacturing) software, business intelligence solutions and mobile applications
- Trivest was a roll-up platform, acquiring seven companies (all in the Netherlands) since 2015
- Trivest employs almost 300 staff supporting more than 3,000 customers and 35,000 users predominantly in the Benelux region
- ECI is a cloud-based provider of business management solutions
- The company focuses on SMB-centric, vertically focused and industry specific end-to-end solutions
- ECI has been highly acquisitive, acquiring c. 30 companies since 2005
- The company was founded in 1999 and is privately held by Apax Partners, The Carlyle Group and ECI management. ECI’s corporate headquarters is in Texas, USA and has operations in USA, Canada, England, the Netherlands and Australia
- Trivest’s leading position in the Benelux region is highly complementary to ECI’s presence in North America, Australia, UK and Asia. Together, they will create a global leader in manufacturing solutions for SMBs
- ECI (and their investors) will look to use Trivest as their European beachhead and pursue an aggressive European acquisition strategy. The Trivest management team will play a key role in sourcing and integrating these acquisitions
- ECI will use their experience in successfully migrating platforms from an on-premise system to the cloud, in order to accelerate Trivest’s migration plans
- Arma Partners was engaged to advise on the sale and provide comprehensive deal support including strategic positioning, preparation of marketing materials, financial analysis, valuation, counterparty outreach, deal tactics and execution
- Arma Partners ran a tailored sale process involving both financial sponsors and strategic acquirers to deliver a successful transaction
- This transaction demonstrates Arma Partners continued activity and deep sector expertise in the industrial technology sector and reinforces its long-standing track record of orchestrating transatlantic exits to North American strategic buyers