Software has come a long way over the last two decades, from a niche esoteric sector that only Silicon Valley truly understood to a mainstream global industry in which every institutional investor wants increasing exposure. Over this period, software has evolved from a high-risk investment theme pursued by venture capital firms to a well-understood business model uniquely combining both breakout growth potential and downside protection that is the poster child of the Digital Economy. Software as a Service (SaaS) has proven to be particularly popular with investors and acquirers given the exceptional forward visibility and scalability of the cloud-based delivery model.
Arma has been advising on software deals since its inception and has firmly established itself as the undisputed leader in this market segment, having advised on landmark deals like Visma ($5.3 billion), Iris ($1.8 billion) and Access ($1.4 billion), among others. Arma also has an unparalleled track record of delivering exceptional outcomes on landmark SaaS deals, with exit multiples regularly exceeding 10x ARR.
- $70.6 billion aggregate deal value
- 22x EBITDA multiple on average
Sub-segment coverage and team
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Human Capital Management (HCM) and HR Tech
- Customer Experience Management (CXM)
- Marketing Automation
- Content Management & Collaboration
- Professional Service Automation (PSA)
- Vertically focused Application Software
Managing Partner, London
Managing Director, London