Infrastructure Software & Cybersecurity
Infrastructure software is best described as the plumbing that keeps the Digital Economy ticking. The somewhat abstract nature of the infrastructure software ecosystem makes it more difficult to understand, visualise and appreciate. That said, infrastructure software tends to be mission-critical and incredibly sticky with high barriers to entry. Rapid digitisation has introduced new challenges and cybersecurity is firmly in the spotlight as enterprises and consumers look to protect their digital assets and data.
Arma is the only European headquartered independent advisor with genuine credibility in the infrastructure software ecosystem. Arma’s first deal after inception in the early 2000s was the sale of SuSe Linux to Novell for $210 million – a landmark deal in the open-source ecosystem. Fifteen years later, Arma advised on the carve-out of SuSe Linux from Micro Focus by EQT for $2.5 billion. During this period, Arma has been the most active advisor in this ecosystem completing transactions involving IBM, CA Technologies, Riverbed, Verint, Software AG, Micro Focus, Automic, webMethods, Borland, Compuware and F-Secure among others.
- $6 billion aggregate deal value
- 88% cross-border deals
Sub-segment coverage and team
- IT Operations Management (ITOM) and Automation
- Infrastructure Management and Middleware
- Virtualisation and Cloud Management
- Network Performance and Monitoring
- IT Asset Management (ITAM)
- Service Management (ITSM)
- DevOps and Application Development
- Cybersecurity and Defence Technology
Managing Partner, London